Here are 3 commissions I’ve completed recently. I didn’t like to post their progress until the clients had received and okayed them.
The remit for this one was to have a mermaid and the sea in the piece. Here’s the sketch I did , in the ArtRage app, which I then moved into the Sketches app to twiddle about with: Graham made up the boards ( 0.80x1m) I sanded them and gave them a few coats of prime, once dry I squared it up and transposed the design onto the boards.
This second piece I painted was to be on a hanging canvas, 70cm x 85cm. I did a few sketches, from which a highland scene was chosen, (here are a couple of the other sketches)
I stretched canvas onto my studio wall (plasterboard) primed it, let it dry, then gave it a wash of ochre as a ground colour.
Sorry about the colour, it’s not very true, but the photo was too dark:
Nº 3 commission was for a family tree. This proved to be rather a brainteaser as I had to translate an A4 sheet with lists of names into an interesting image. In order to have the first couple at the roots of the tree I inverted the names I’d been given, so it gradually branched up and out ending with the present day couple at the top. I regretted it a bit at the time even though I’d numbered each one, I kept losing track of which branch was going where, and the 89 names had to be correct, and in order.